Fall Has Arrived (finally)!
Yellow and red crunchy leaves, football cheers, sweaters and crisp, beautiful mornings are some of my favorite things about the third season of the year. The city finally cools down from the intense heat of the summer and the hustle and bustle of the impending holidays gets going. If you have children, fall is an even more anticipated time as your rugrats finally return to school and you are blessed with a little more alone time in the day. What could you do with that extra “me” time you might ask? Well of course you could get a massage! But there are also some other fun fall activities to enjoy. Though there are so many more ideas, here are a few that I thought of off the top of my head:
- Enjoying a nice jog in the afternoon sun
- Hitting up an apple orchard for some apple pie necessities
- Sitting on a your local tap’s patio enjoying a frothy Oktoberfest brew
- Attending an end of the season baseball game without the scorching sun (or beginning of season football game)
- Taking a drive into the mountains to take in the beauty of the changing trees
- OR.. one of my personal favorites is hitting up your favorite coffee shop for the oh-so-popular PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING!!
Don’t get me wrong, they are insanely sugary but, goodness are they everything that is right about Fall. Even the thought has that warm, cinnamon aroma creeping into my nostrils and has me yearning for a park bench, a good book and a Pumpkin Spice Chai (my personal preference).
So there you have a few ideas from yours truly on how to fully embrace what Fall has to offer. I think I shall take myself out for one of said activities now! But which one……
Love pumpkin spice but looking for a healthy alternative?? Check this out….